Thursday 19 November 2009

Winter blues

I hate winter. It's cold wet and windy and does absolutely nothing for my hair or skin. Summer is much nicer warm dry(ish) and it's not bloody dark when you leave the house for work and when you leave the office to go home! I always start to feel a little weird this time of year. I have always loathed the whole never seeing daylight thing and to have to do it for half the year is definitely not the canines spherical objects.

I have heard of that condition known as SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) could be a bit of a 'Yuppie Flu' type thing but I have to admit I get crabby, moody and generally down at this time of year. Maybe that's why we invented a holiday season in the middle of it to lighten the mood? I do like X-Mas and New Year but not because it gives me a warm fuzzy glow of kindness and goodwill towards my fellow (wo)man. It's more the warm and fuzzy glow of the Bucks Fizz breakfast tipple and the Boxing day cherry brandy that does it for me.

That and the presents of course. Santa - I want a Wii Fit this year d'you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but please keep it clean in case any children read them