Thursday 15 April 2010

Loss of a Legend

I'm really hoping this is a hoax (it's happened before) but suspect it's the real deal. Pete Steele the frontman of incredible band Type O Negative died last night from a heart attach aged only 48.

I have long loved this band for its unique, clever, heavy, sombre and often funny music and have had a 'thing' for Pete ever since I was old enough to know what a 'thing' was. He was talented, sexy, huge (no really he was a big fella) and despite his miserable sounding attitude a very funny guy.

The rock scene will miss him so much. He was so original and took the rock/goth genre and made it cool again with more than a hint of self deprecating gloomy fun.

Goodbye Pete you were truly unique.

I'm off to find a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but please keep it clean in case any children read them